Peermont Hotels, Casinos and Resorts is an award-winning hospitality and entertainment company which operates 12 properties located across South Africa and Botswana, as well as the online sports and entertainment betting site PalaceBet.
Striving to always offer relaxing stays and exciting times, Peermont is renowned for its excellence in design, development, management, ownership and operation of multi-faceted hospitality and gaming facilities. Guests are Peermont’s priority and warmly partake in fine dining, relaxing hotel stays, exciting casino action, live entertainment, soothing spa treatments, efficient conferencing, or sporting activities – offered in unique safe and secure, themed settings.
Peermont’s competitive status and industry-leading margins are driven by a strong, entrepreneurial management team and capable staffing complement, all driven by unique corporate values and a desire to succeed. Backed by the Principles of the Peermont Way (Peermont’s Values, Service Ethos and Purpose) the Peermont Employee Family operates on the philosophy of being a #WinningTeam in the ongoing quest for exceptional service and a guest-centric approach.
Peermont respects and harnesses the traditions and support of local communities, in local shareholding as well as local recruitment, and is the gaming and hospitality industry leader in sustainable corporate social investment and responsibility initiatives.
Peermont thinks of itself as more than a business. It’s a family.
Online sports book, PalaceBet launched in October.
New 100-room wing added to the Peermont Metcourt at Emperors Palace
Umodzi Park in Lilongwe, Malawi officially opens on 1 May 2015.
Thaba Moshate Hotel Casino Convention Resort in Burgersfort, Limpopo opens on 2 April.
Peermont awarded management contract for Umodzi Park in Lilongwe, Malawi.
Commencement of construction of the Thaba Moshate Hotel Casino Convention Resort in Burgersfort, Limpopo
Umfolozi Hotel and Conference Centre opens its doors
- Fourth hotel added at Emperors Palace
- Refurbishment of Mmabatho Palms Hotel Casino and Convention Resort completed
- Redevelopment of the Entertainment Emporium at Emperors Palace
Tusk Venda is refurbished and rebranded as Khoroni Hotel and Convention Resort. It is added to the Rio HotelCasino and Convention Resort
- A consortium led by the Mineworkers Investment Company acquired Peermont in 2007 for 7.3 billion, marking the first and largest public to private BEE transaction in South Africa at the time.
- Peermont delists from the JSE
- Acquisition of two additional casinos in Botswana
- Procurement of partner company Caesars Entertainment Inc.
- Rebranding of Caesars Gauteng to Emperors Palaceemailadaccordtext
- Rebranded as Peermont Global
- New hotel added at The Grand Palm
- San Lameer and two additional hotels in Botswana are purchased
Opening of the Gaborone International Convention Centre
Completion of Caesars Gauteng
- Graceland Hotel, Casino and Country Club becomes South Africa’s first official licensed casino
- Caesars Gauteng now Emperors Palace receives its casino license
- Founded as Global Resorts
- Re-launch of the Sheraton Hotel as The Grand Palm Hotel and Casino Resort in Botswana